About the creator of this site
Jennifer’s (short) Story
My name is Jennifer Hautman. I originally created this site in 1999 as the result of going through a mid-life crisis. Some people buy sports cars – I filled a mountain of journals. I wanted to share what I had learned after coming through those tumultuous years.
Skip ahead 13 years, and I’m in the middle of another major turning point in my life. In 2010 I divorced a man I love. It’s complicated or I’m crazy. As I’m regaining my balance, I find I have even more to share. So I completely re-designed and re-wrote the site 2012.
I’ve always been deeply passionate about personal growth. By some people’s standards, I have spent an inordinate amount of time and money working on myself. My mission has been to figure out how to create sustained happiness, be at peace (and maybe even rejoice) in who I am, and create a life perfectly suited to my desires and talents. I’m getting there.
So does this qualify me to tell you what to do or how to change your life? Not hardly. You’re the only one who can do that. The most I can hope for is to be a catalyst for your transformation. One of my greatest joys would be for you to think about your life in a brand new way and to believe again in what's possible.
- If you'd like to know yourself better, there are some thought-provoking questions and compelling exercises in the self-awareness section.
- To feel better about yourself and stronger in your approach to life, explore the ins and outs of self-esteem.
- In order to create a life you can genuinely be excited about, visit the self-empowerment section.
- If you really want to rock your world, study how you formed your beliefs and how to change them.
- And finally, if all you want is to be happier, consider adopting the perspectives and attitudes offered on creating sustained happiness.
- For those of you looking for the articles from the old site, you can review the full list, or select them individually.